Move over, oatmeal: There's another wholesome breakfast cereal that's a refreshing change of pace and it's made with quinoa flakes, which are by now readily available in most supermarkets and natural food stores. This recipe does call for oat milk, however, so you can still get some of that whole grain's flavor, just in a different form (or use your own preferred milk). Goji berries and pomegranate seeds up the antioxidant ante to make this porridge a superfood standout.
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 25 grams goji berries
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup oat milk (or any other type)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- honey (to taste)
- In a pan, place the flakes, goji berries, cinnamon, milk and water.
- Bring to medium heat, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed (about 5 minutes).
- Spoon porridge into two cups and mix in the berries and pomegranate.
- Add honey to taste.