If you want a light and flavorful dish that is hearty and healthy, then try this recipe for Quinoa and Lentils Tabbouleh. The fresh and aromatic flavors of this dish pair perfectly with the hearty quinoa for a dish that will tantalize the taste buds. This recipe is best served as a cold dish so it is perfect for a summer lunch, or as a side to your favorite meat main entree.
- 120 green lentils
- 100 grams quinoa
- 30 grams sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 80 grams bacon (smoked poultry)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Rinse the lentils in cold water and cook in water for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into small cubes.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Once the quinoa and lentils are cooked, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Mix the quinoa and lentils in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, bacon, lemon juice to taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve cool.