Sometimes the appetizer or snack is the best part of a dinner or evening. If you want to make an appetizer that can also be served as the dinner bread, then this recipe for Chicken Tagine with Sweet Potatoes is so decadent and delicious that you will want them with every meal. The buttery scone is packed with palate pleasing grated parmesan cheese, chopped green olives and aromatic rosemary for a treat that is out of this world.
- 350 grams butternut squash
- 2 onions
- 250 grams quinoa
- olive oil (2 cl.)
- 3 eggs
- milk (75 cl.)
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- cumin (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Peel and dice the squash.
- Slice the onions.
- Cook the quinoa for 20 minutes.
- Saute the squash with onions in olive oil for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- Drain the quinoa and mix in the pan with the squash.
- Butter a gratin dish and add the squash mixture.
- In a bowl, mix 3 eggs, milk, and cream.
- Add salt, pepper, and some cumin powder.
- Pour on top of squash mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until the gratin is golden brown.