Quinoa Tagliatelle with Fava Bean DressingAnanás e Hortelã
Fava beans are a little tough to work with if you are shelling them yourself, but the work will be well worht it once you take your first bite of this dish. The beans are pureed with lemon and fresh herbs to create a bold and flavorful sauce that perfectly coats the quinoa tagliatelle. This dish is great for the spring, when fresh fava beans are easy to find. If you are unable to find them, frozen are fine. If you only have regular tagliatell, that will work just as well.
- 200 grams tagliatelle pasta (quinoa)
- 500 grams fava beans (shelled)
- 1/2 curds (plus more to serve)
- lemon zest
- fresh cilantro
- pasta cooking water
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1Cook the beans in a saucepan with salted water.
- 2Drain the beans and reserve half in the pot, with a drizzle of olive oil.
- 3Cook the quinoa pasta in salted water for 8-10 minutes.
- 4Place the other half of the beans in a bowl, after removing the skin/peel. Add the curd, lemon zest to taste, chives and chopped cilantro and mash. Add a little of the pasta water to the sauce until it is creamy and(I used close to a cup) and mash a little more.
- 5Toss the drained pasta with the fava beans in the pan and add the green sauce, stirrinf gently. Serve with curd cheese, chopped chives and lemon zest.