- 2 sweet potatoes (large, cut in half)
- 1/2 cup red quinoa (cooked)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- maple syrup (optional)
- *To cook quinoa, combine 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed. Drain in fine-mesh strainer to remove excess water, if necessary.
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Center one sweet potato half on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach peeling blade and fine spiralizing blade and position at end of sweet potato. Place medium bowl below blade to catch sweet potato and peel. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of sweet potato. Repeat with remaining sweet potatoes.
- Place steamer basket in large saucepan and fill with water to just below steamer. Add sweet potatoes; steam over high heat until potatoes are very tender. Measure 3 cups; transfer to medium bowl. Add quinoa, egg, almond meal, orange peel, salt and cinnamon; mix well.
- Heat waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Add heaping 1/2 cup batter to waffle maker; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until waffle is crisp and well browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Combine sour cream and curry powder in small bowl. Serve waffles with sour cream mixture and maple syrup, if desired.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.