Quinoa Flour CookiesLe ricette di Micol
Made with just five simple ingredients, these Quinoa Flour Cookies are made with a blend of quinoa and regular flours. Lightly toasted, the flours have a golden and fragrant look and flavor. This recipe has a rather unique set of instructions so be sure to follow closely for best results. Make the dough the night before you plan on baking the cookies as the dough should be allowed to chill overnight. Once the cookies are shaped refrigerate them again before baking.
- 100 grams quinoa flour (organic)
- 150 grams flour
- 125 grams salted butter
- 130 grams powdered sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1Sift the two types of flour together.
- 2Place the flour in a large pan and toast it on very low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. When the flour is very hot, begin stirring continuously, being careful to not overheat the flour or it will become pungent.
- 3Toast the flour until golden and fragrant. Remove it from the heat, place it in a glass bowl and allow it to cool, uncovered.
- 4Once the flour has cooled, add the powdered sugar, combining it well. Then refrigerate the mixture covered with plastic wrap.
- 5Cut the butter into small pieces and refrigerate it as well.
- 6Once the flour and sugar mixture has cooled, add the butter by mashing it into the flour mixture with a fork at first, then using the tips of your fingers until the mixture is similar to oatmeal in consistency.
- 7Add the egg and knead quickly, shaping the dough into a disk without overworking it, then cover it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least a few hours, overnight is recommended.
- 8Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it rest at room temperature for approximately 10 minutes, then place it on a floured work surface and roll it out to a thickness of 1/2 centimeter.
- 9Cut out the cookies and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- 10Refrigerate the cookies for approximately 30 minutes.
- 11Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 12Bake the cookies for approximately 10 minutes, until they are lightly golden around the edges.
- 13Remove the cookies from the oven, let them rest on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 14The cookies can then be stored in a metal canister.
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.