- 4 cups chicken broth (or chicken stock or vegetable broth)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots (drained and thinly sliced)
- 8 ounces firm tofu (drained and sliced in 1/4-inch strips)
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (such as sambal oelek or sriracha)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil (toasted)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (or black pepper)
- 4 green onions (sliced)
|Calories250Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
Marta Doran 2 months ago
I added in crushed red pepper I think the next time, I won’t add the bamboo shoots. I skipped the mushrooms and added bean sprouts instead! It can out good! I’ll make it again!
Christina L. 8 months ago
Amazing! I used flour instead of cornstarch. This is such a delicious recipe!
Sohaib 10 months ago
There are a few problems with the dish in my opinion. 1) Not spicy enough even for someone who doesn’t eat a lot of spicy food, this dish was incredibly mild. 2) Too sour due to the vinegar, I would personally reduce the rice vinegar to 2Tbsp and try that with the 1Tbsp balsamic. Optional: More spring onion, less bamboo, unless you cut it a lot smaller. Other than that, it’s pretty good.
Linda A. a year ago
AWSOME have made it over & over much like restaurant soup
Abby Roberts 2 years ago
Deeeeelicious!!!!!!!!!! Better than any other H&S soup I've ever had! Awesome with Budget Bytes Crunchy Asian Salad with her Peanut lime dressing. Holy moly!