- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper (medium, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 onions (medium, cut into thin wedges)
- 15 1/4 ounces pineapple chunks (in juice)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- cooked rice (optional)
- Partially freeze pork. Cut across the grain into 2 1/2 x 2 1/4-inch strips; set aside. Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add oil. Stir-fry green pepper and onion in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or till crisp-tender. Remove from wok. Add more oil, if necessary. Add half the pork to wok; stir-fry until browned. Remove pork; stir-fry the remaining pork. Return all pork to wok; keep warm.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small saucepan combine the juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook about 1 minute or till thickened, stirring constantly.
- Return green pepper and onion to wok. Stir in pineapple and the thickened pineapple juice mixture. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with rice, if desired.