- 8 ounces ground pork
- 4 ounces italian pork sausage
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained (and chopped)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 garlic (teaspooon, minced, 1 clove)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 10 3/4 ounces tomato puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 1/4 cup dry red wine (OR water)
- spaghetti (Cooked)
- parsley sprigs (fresh)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine pork, sausage, sweet peppers, onion, and garlic in a heavy, large covered saucepan; cook until pork and sausage are brown, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Drain off fat. Stir in tomatoes, tomato puree, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until desired consistency. Stir in wine or water. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti. If desired, garnish with parsley sprigs. If desired, serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serves 4 to 6.