Tarts can be sweet or savory treats. This recipe for Quick Lemon Tart is a delicious way to show someone you care, and it is an easy dish to prepare. Be sure to have extra time to allow them to be refrigerated for at least 2 hours so they can finish setting. Feel free to pick up these tasty ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can create these delicious desserts for your family or friends. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these tarts as much as we do.
- 250 grams shortbread (crushed)
- 90 grams melted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (397 gr.)
- 2 eggs
- 3 lemons (125 ml. juice)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the crushed shortbread with the melted butter. Butter the bottom of a springform pan and line it with parchment paper. Pour the butter and cookie crumb mixture into the pan and press it down with the palm of your hand to create a smooth, even crust.
- Combine the condensed milk and the eggs in a bowl. Zest one of the lemons and set the zest aside. Juice 3 lemons or enough to get 125 milliliters of juice. Gradually add the juice to the mixture, which will eventually thicken. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the shortbread crust and bake for 10 minutes. The filling will still be jiggly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours so the filling will finish setting.