This Thai inspired Quick Chicken Curry with Peanuts bases its sauce on that of the peanut sauce typically served with Chicken Satay. Seasoned with garlic, ginger, curry, and plenty of peanut butter this chicken curry is creamy and savory. Garnish th…
finished curry with chopped peanuts and fresh coriander and serve with basmati or jasmine rice and plenty of naan. Preparation and cook time for this Chicken Curry with Peanuts is 55 minutes.
- 1 kilogram chicken breast (diced)
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (dried)
- 2 tablespoons curry spices (mixed)
- 1 chicken stock (cube)
- 1 carrot (peeled and cut into 2 cm. rings)
- 150 grams frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon peanuts (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- olive oil (or ghee)
- Heat a little oil or ghee in a heavy frying pan and fry the chicken in batches until brown. Set aside.
- Place the garlic, onion, and ginger in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- In a heavy pan or terracotta dish, heat the oil or ghee, and add the curry spices. Stir and cook for a few seconds to release the flavors.
- Add the onion and ginger paste, stir fry for a few seconds, and then add the chicken, and mix well.
- Add water up to at least 1 centimeter above the level of the meat.
- Add the stock cube and vegetables.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10–15 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Add the peanut butter, stir, and season with salt.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and coriander leaves and serve, accompanied by rice and naan bread.
|Calories550Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.