Curry is a dish that can be quickly improvised with spices of your choices for a savory dinner served over fluffy basmati rice. This recipe for Quick Chicken Curry combines classic Indian flavors such as garam masala, ginger, cardamom, and turmeric with bay leaves, cloves, and chili peppers for a savory chicken dish in a warm dinner entree, both in temperature and spice. Cook time for this chicken curry is 70 minutes.
- chicken breasts (1 kl., diced)
- 1 onions (large, finely sliced in rings)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 clove
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 red chili peppers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 carrots (sliced in rings)
- 150 grams frozen peas
- 1/2 lemon
- oil (or ghee)
- sea salt
- Heat the oil or ghee in a terracotta dish or large deep frying pan.
- Brown the chicken in batches and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil or ghee, heat up and add the onion. Cook until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, chillies, and coriander. Fry gently for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the garam masala and turmeric.
- Add the chicken, carrots, and peas and stir.
- Add a little water, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on a low heat for 40 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the lemon juice and serve with rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories160Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.