Caraway, onion and pork braise quickly with vinegar and brown sugar to create a satisfying sweet-and-sour stew. It’s perfect with mashed potatoes to chase away winter’s chill.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onions (large, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Coat pork with combined flour, salt and pepper. Heat oil in deep skillet with lid; brown pork over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 40 minutes or until pork is very tender.