When cooking potatoes, it pays to boil them first to give them a head start before sauteeing, so the inside is nice and fluffy and the outside gets wonderfully crispy. Here the potatoes are sauteed (after being boiled) along with cod until golden, and then transferred to a baking dish, sprinkled with breadcrumbs made from cornbread, and then baked to produce a crunchy topping. Serve immediately accompanied by a mixed green salad.
- 550 grams potatoes
- 2 slices cod
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 slice cornbread
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Boil the unpeeled potatoes in unsalted water.
- When the potatoes are done, drain, peel, and cut to small cubes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil the codfish and cut into slivers.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the potatoes and saute until golden.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and the codfish.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Grind the bread in the food processor together with the dried parsley, paprika, and a pinch of salt.
- Spread the cornbread crumbs on top of the fish and potatoes, and sprinkle a little olive oil on top.
- Bake until the cornbread is golden.
- Serve with a green salad.