Quick Baked Cod and CornbreadO Meu Tempero
When cooking potatoes, it pays to boil them first to give them a head start before sauteeing, so the inside is nice and fluffy and the outside gets wonderfully crispy. Here the potatoes are sauteed (after being boiled) along with cod until golden, and then transferred to a baking dish, sprinkled with breadcrumbs made from cornbread, and then baked to produce a crunchy topping. Serve immediately accompanied by a mixed green salad.
- 550 grams potatoes
- 2 slices cod
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 slice cornbread
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1Boil the unpeeled potatoes in unsalted water.
- 2When the potatoes are done, drain, peel, and cut to small cubes.
- 3Preheat oven to 350F.
- 4Boil the codfish and cut into slivers.
- 5Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, add the potatoes and saute until golden.
- 6Add the finely chopped garlic and the codfish.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Pour into a baking dish.
- 9Grind the bread in the food processor together with the dried parsley, paprika, and a pinch of salt.
- 10Spread the cornbread crumbs on top of the fish and potatoes, and sprinkle a little olive oil on top.
- 11Bake until the cornbread is golden.
- 12Serve with a green salad.