- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (+ additional for drizzling –)
- kosher salt (/pepper)
- 8 ounces crimini mushrooms (– quartered)
- 2 leeks (– sliced)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Edam (grated, *, see notes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half vertically. Scoop out and discard seeds. Light drizzle squash halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash halves onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or silicone mat). Bake for 30 minutes OR until squash is fork tender. Allow to cool enough to handle.
- While squash is baking, in a large sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until softened. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Into a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Add cheese and mushroom mixture. Set aside.
- Using fork tines, scrape squash creating squash strands. Transfer squash to a deep dish pie dish. Using hands or a 1 cup measuring cup gently press and form squash into a crust** (see notes)
- Pour egg mixture into the pie dish. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes OR until eggs are set. Allow to cool prior to cutting and serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti SquashHome Cooking Memories
Healthy Spaghetti Squash AlfredoPickled Plum
Spinach Ricotta QuicheSavory Sweet Life
Ham and Asparagus QuicheDishes Delish
Spaghetti Squash, Quinoa and Parmesan FrittersJulia's Album
Marinara Spaghetti SquashShe Wears Many Hats
Mushroom Spinach & Gruyere Crustless QuicheBrown Eyed Baker
Mushroom Feta Crustless QuicheDinner Then Dessert
Spaghetti Squash Enchilada BowlsSkinnytaste
Quiche with Spaghetti Squash CrustKitchenAid
Crustless Vegetable QuicheThe Kitchn
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and ButterSteamy Kitchen
Vegetarian Zucchini QuicheRecipes 4 Living
Parm & Parsley Spaghetti SquashLaughter And Lemonade
Simple Spaghetti SquashThyme For Cooking Blog
Mini Vegetarian QuicheThe Lovebugs Blog - Same
Spinach & Gruyère QuicheOnce Upon A Chef
Vegetarian QuicheMeaningful Mama
Garlicky Broccoli and Spaghetti SquashThe Sea Salt
Mushroom QuicheHouse of Yumm