If you are craving a fancy and flavorful dinner, then why not try making this recipe for Quiche Lorraine. It is the perfect combination of a sweet, savory and salty dish. This recipe would be decadent paired with the perfect meal main entrée. Why not pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping and surprise your family this weekend with a decadent side dish for the family dinner.
- 250 grams flour
- 5 grams salt
- 125 grams butter (cut into small pieces.)
- 1 egg yolks
- water (5 cl.)
- 250 grams bacon (cooked until crisp)
- olive oil (2 cl.)
- 200 grams swiss cheese (grated)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- milk (25 cl.)
- heavy cream (25 cl.)
- cayenne pepper
- 1Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and stir briefly until the mixture is aerated.
- 2Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it’s in pea-size pieces that are slightly yellow in color.
- 3Drizzle in 4 tablespoons of the ice water and mix just until the dough comes together.
- 4Shape the dough into a flat disk, cover it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to an 11-inch circle.
- 6Fit into a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom and trim the edges. (Alternatively, a 9-inch pie pan can be used.) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 8Meanwhile, whisk together the 2 whole eggs, 2 egg yolks, cream and milk.
- 9Season with salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
- 10Pour mixture into prepared pie crust.
- 11Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 12Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.