Pumpkin, Celery, and Tomato SoupHoje para Jantar
Soups like this one are quick cooking and just right for a weekday dinner, and you can make extra to save for lunch the next day (or just make it for lunch in the first place, since it's that easy). Chopping the vegetables -- leek, onion, tomatoes, celery, and pumpkin -- into uniform pieces ensures they all become tender in the same amount of time and allows for easier pureeing.
- 1 onions (large, chopped)
- 1 leeks (chopped)
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (with leaves, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- chives (to taste)
- 1Wash and chop the onion, leek, tomatoes, pumpkin, and celery. Put the chopped vegetables in a saucepan and add just enough water to cover them.
- 2Bake until the vegetables are tender, remove from pan and puree in the blender. The strong and spicy flavor of the celery makes it not necessary to season the soup with salt, but if you feel it needs it, add a pinch of salt.
- 3Mix in the olive oil and garnish with minced chives.