Pumpkin, Broccoli and Shrimp RisottoHoje para Jantar
Universally beloved and utterly delicious, Italian risotto is always one of the best options for entertaining, and this version is no different. Indeed, it's even more so since it includes the unexpected addition of pumpkin, zucchini, broccoli, and shrimp for a refreshing change of pace. The essential first step is to prepare a flavorful broth by cooking cthe arrot, onion, garlic, and those ingredients in water, then straining out the solids. The pumpkin is steamed in the oven.
- 1 carrots (coarsely chopped)
- 1 onions (coarsely chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini (coarsely chopped)
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh herbs (to taste)
- 200 grams shrimp (frozen)
- 75 milliliters olive oil
- 200 grams pumpkin (diced)
- 1 thyme sprig
- 400 grams risotto rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 150 milliliters white wine
- sea salt (to taste)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- Emmenthal (to taste)
- 1For the vegetable broth, place carrot, onion, garlic, zucchini and broccoli in a Dutch oven with enough water to cover the vegetables.
- 2Add bay leaf and fresh herbs to taste.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4When broccoli is tender, drain vegetables and rinse immediately with cold water.
- 5Reserve broth.
- 6Add frozen shrimp to the remaining broth to thaw and heat over low heat, so the broth does not cool.
- 7Heat 38 ml (approximately 2-3 tablespoons) olive oil in a pan and add diced pumpkin.
- 8Add the thyme, seal pan with a sheet of aluminum foil and press foil around pumpkin.
- 9The steam will be trapped and the pumpkin will continue to cook while steaming.
- 10Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- 11Remove pumpkin from pan and set aside. In the same pan, add remaining olive oil and fry rice until it begins to whiten.
- 12Add butter, onion and minced garlic and sauté for 5 minutes at minimum heat.
- 13Deglaze pan with white wine and let it reduce.
- 14Slowly, add a ladle of hot vegetable broth.
- 15Stir and as it evaporates, add pumpkin and shrimp.
- 16Stir and add more vegetable broth, constantly stirring so the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- 17Continue adding broth, stirring until evaporated, then adding more, until rice is creamy.
- 18Just before removing from heat, add grated parmesan cheese and Emmental cheese.
- 19Stir well to incorporate.
- 20Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories740Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.