- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 clove clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds pumpkin (fresh, peeled and cubed (about 8 cups))
- 2 knorr chicken flavor bouillon cube
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic and pumpkin, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stir in cream and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Process soup in blender or food processor in batches, at low speed, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan and season with salt and pepper; heat through.
Bridget G. 5 months ago
This was a nice fall soup. Plans for leftovers are to add ham pieces and a pasta.