It's time to shake things up! If you have never tried this Pumpkin and Gila Squares with Cream Cheese Filling recipe before you are in for a real surprise. This Pumpkin and Gila Squares with Cream Cheese Filling is packed with bold flavor to leave you and your guests wanting more. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We love to read about your experiences cooking our recipes. You can also give this recipe a star rating!
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 400 grams pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons figleaf gourd, or gila
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 200 grams philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a rectangular baking dish with a nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Beat the sugar and butter.
- Then add the eggs, pumpkin, figleaf gourd, and water. Mix until well blended.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until you get a creamy mixture.
- Pour half of the mixture into the cake pan.
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla extract, until getting an homogeneous paste.
- Spread this mixture over the first layer of the pumpkin batter.
- Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool completely, unmold, and cut into squares.
|Calories870Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.