Pumpkin and Coconut SoupReceitas Da Felicidade!
Sweet and savory are both phenomenal characteristics of different foods that we eat. However, when these two worlds collide, the result can be heavenly. This recipe combines the sweet, thick texture of coconut milk and the savory flavor of a finely seasoned pumpkin to create an herby and zesty masterpiece. This soup is perfect for keeping you and your family warm and toasty during Fall and Winter. With a generous amount of rich flavors and a nice serving of basmati rice, this dish makes for a hearty meal.
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 3 red pepper (fresh)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 fresh ginger (large thumb-sized piece, peeled)
- 1 coriander (branch)
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon spices (a mixture of cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, cloves, bay leaves, fennel, and red pepper)
- olive oil
- 1 onions (finely sliced)
- pumpkin (cut in pieces)
- 1/2 cup basmati rice (washed)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lemon juice
- 1In a saucepan, heat the vegetable broth.
- 2In the vegetable chopper or food processor, finely chop the pepper, garlic, ginger, a pinch of salt, 1 coriander branch, pepper, spices, and olive oil.
- 3Heat the chopped vegetables and spices in a saucepan.
- 4Add the onion, and cook a little longer.
- 5Add the pumpkin, and stir until boiling.
- 6Add the vegetable broth, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pumpkin is very soft.
- 7At this point, add the rice, and stir well to loosen it in the broth. Cook for about 8 minutes until the rice is almost cooked.
- 8Add the coconut milk, and simmer again. Cook for a few more minutes until really hot, and slightly thickened.
- 9Remove the pan from the heat, stir well, and season carefully with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
- 11Garnish with coriander just before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.