Pumpkin and Coconut PuddingO Meu Tempero
Pumpkin and cinnamon are a perfect pairing, appearing in many sweet and savory dishes. Here, the two are mixed wtih grated coconut as the flavorings for a delectable pudding that's cooked in a pressure cooker in just 30 minutes. You'll want to allow enough time for the pudding to cool before chilling in the refrigerator, which can be done overnight, making this a great make-ahead dessert for a dinner party.
- 500 grams pumpkin (peeled and seeded)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 300 grams sugar
- 50 grams grated coconut
- 50 grams margarine
- 4 large eggs
- caramels (liquid, to grease the mold)
- 1In a large saucepan filled with water, cook the pumpkin with the cinnamon.
- 2Drain and puree.
- 3Mix cornstarch, sugar, and coconut together in a small bowl. Add this batter to the pumpkin puree, combining well.
- 4Add the lightly beaten eggs and the cooled, melted margarine.
- 5Stir well, and pour in a cake pan with high sides coated with the caramel.
- 6Bake in the pressure cooker half filled with water for approximately 30 to 35 minutes.
- 7Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- 8Serve cold.