Pumpkin and Cinnamon JamO Meu Tempero
- 1 kilogram butternut squash (unpeeled)
- 800 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1Cut the pumpkin into very small cubes.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir and cover with plastic wrap.
- 3Refrigerate overnight.
- 4The next day, place mixture in a large pot with all the liquid that has formed and the cinnamon stick, and cook on low heat for about 40 minutes until soft.
- 5Grind with a hand blender.
- 6Allow to cool slightly.
- 7Fill sterilized jars with the mixture.
- 8Place the lids on the jars and turn upside down for a few minutes to create a natural vacuum. If you do so, no jam will sour.