- 1 kilogram butternut pumpkin (unpeeled)
- 800 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cut the pumpkin into very small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, place mixture in a large pot with all the liquid that has formed and the cinnamon stick, and cook on low heat for about 40 minutes until soft.
- Grind with a hand blender.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Fill sterilized jars with the mixture.
- Place the lids on the jars and turn upside down for a few minutes to create a natural vacuum. If you do so, no jam will sour.