This dessert is perfect to enjoy in the fall. Warm and fragrant cardamom is the perfect accent to sweet pumpkin for a delicate and flavor-packed mousse. The recipe is simple to make and comes together in a little under an hour using just 11 ingredients. Serve it with a little whipped cream on top for a light and delicious treat. If you want to make it extra special, try it with some crumbled gingersnaps sprinkled on top for a deconstructed pumpkin pie feel.
- 1 kilogram pumpkin
- 800 grams water
- 1 can condensed milk (Nestlé)
- 80 grams ground almonds
- 2 cream (packs of)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 package powdered gelatin (dissolved in a little water)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cardamom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 100 grams chopped walnuts (and mint for garnish, optional)
- Put the water in the glass of Bimby and the pumpkin in Varoma, and program 30 Min/ Varoma/Speed 1.
- Remove the water from the cup, place the pumpkin and cardamom seeds (its interior) previously chopped, and crush 15 Sec./Spd 7.
- Add the condensed milk, 1/2 cup of cream, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg and set 8 minutes, 90 º, spd. 3.
- When you get to two minutes before finishing, add the gelatin and the 2 egg yolks, and let the time run out.
- Finally, set for 10 seconds in speed.5.
- Whip the remaining cream by placing the butterfly piece, and without the cup, set it to speed .3 and 1/2 for 2 min.
- or until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently mix the whipped cream (saving some for decoration) with the pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mousse into small ramekins and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Serve the mousse garnished with the reserved whipped cream and decorate with mint sprigs.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.