Pumpkin and Cardamom JamMarmita
You can use your bread machine to make jam, too! Here, peeled pumpkin is combined with light brown sugar, crushed cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, and a whole star anise and processed on the appropriate cycle (check your model's instruction manual for the proper program). This will typically take about 90 minutes, after which you can divide into sterilized jars for long storage or screw-top jars for keeping in the refrigerator.
- 1 kilogram pumpkin (peeled)
- 300 grams golden brown sugar
- 5 cardamom seeds (slightly crushed)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 1Peel and cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
- 2Place the pumpkin cubes into the bread machine bowl.
- 3Add the sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, and anise and program to the sweets/jams cycle, which is approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- 4Once done, ladle the jam into sterilized canning jars. Cover and turn upside down to seal.