Pumpkin SquaresOn dine chez Nanou
Trying to find the perfect palate pleasing pumpkin dessert for the Thanksgiving holiday can be hard work. This recipe for Pumpkin Squares just may be the answer you were looking for. This recipe combines the salty goodness of pecans with the decadent richness of pumpkin puree. It then adds another layer of flavor in the spices. There are so many delicious flavors and ingredients in this recipe, it will instantly become a family favorite.
- 3 eggs
- 12 tablespoons whole milk
- 90 grams butter (melted)
- 270 grams flour
- 4 grams baking powder
- 120 grams sugar
- 25 grams butter
- 50 grams sugar
- 250 grams pumpkin purée
- 50 grams pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 140 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 55 grams sugar
- 55 grams butter (cold, cut into pieces, unsalted)
- 1Preheat the oven to 360F.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- 3Transfer batter into a greased and floured cake pan.
- 4In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the sugar. Add pumpkin puree, pecans, cinnamon, and vanilla. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Puree with a potato masher and add maple syrup, vanilla, and milk.
- 6In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs, add milk and pumpkin puree mixture. Mix well. Spread mixture on top of cake batter
- 7and smooth with a spatula.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and sugar.
- 9With a pastry cutter, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 10Sprinkle crumble on top of pumpkin filling.
- 11Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 12Let it cool and cut into squares.