Pasta is a palate pleasing way to serve up your favorite ingredients for a wholesome dinner. This recipe for Pumpkin Spaghettoni is rich, flavorful and packed with hearty ingredients. The dish combines pasta with sweet pumpkin and salty prosciutto for a taste that is out of this world.
- 500 grams spaghettoni
- 500 grams pumpkin
- 3 garlic cloves
- olive oil (4 tbps.)
- 100 grams prosciutto
- wine (20 cl.)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- Boil salted water and cook the spaghettoni al dente
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes.
- Peel and slice the garlic cloves.
- Slice prosciutto.
- In a frying pan, heat some olive oil.
- Add the garlic and the diced pumpkin, let brown.
- Mix in the prosciutto.
- Add the wine and stir.
- Simmer for a few minutes, and if necessary add some of the pasta cooking water.
- Let reduce.
- Serve the sauce on top of the spaghettoni and sprinkle with grated parmesan.