When fall is in the air, this soup is at its best. With the foie gras and gingerbread, your family will wonder when you became a chef. The soup is filling and will help you stay satisfied for hours.
- 1 squash (red kuri)
- 1/2 onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 liter chicken broth
- heavy cream (10 cl.)
- 20 grams butter
- 4 slices gingerbread (cut into cubes)
- 300 grams foie gras (raw duck, cut in escalopes)
- ground black pepper
- Peel the squash, cut it in half, and remove the seeds and filaments that lie inside. Cut it in large cubes.
- Peel the onion and cut it.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, and let it brown for 3 minutes. Add the diced squash, thyme, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the broth, and salt slightly. Cook the mixture for 25 minutes.
- Scoop the pieces of squash and some of the broth in a blender. Start mixing, adding the broth and the cream gradually to reach the desired texture.
- Mix for a long time so the soup will have a fine texture. Check the
- seasoning and set aside.
- When it is time to eat, heat 2 pans. In the
- first one, put the butter. When it gets hot, fry the cubes of
- gingerbread (be careful: they brown quickly.) Once done, put on a paper
- towel to remove the excess fat. When the second frying pan is hot, drop
- the escalopes of foie gras, add salt and pepper, sear quickly, and flip
- to cook on the second side. Place them on a paper towel.
- Pour the soup into the plates, add the foie gras slices and gingerbread cubes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.