Pumpkin Soup with Pan Seared Foie Gras and GingerbreadOn dine chez Nanou
When fall is in the air, this soup is at its best. With the foie gras and gingerbread, your family will wonder when you became a chef. The soup is filling and will help you stay satisfied for hours.
- 1 squash (red kuri)
- 1/2 onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 liter chicken broth
- heavy cream (10 cl.)
- 20 grams butter
- 4 slices gingerbread (cut into cubes)
- 300 grams foie gras (raw duck, cut in escalopes)
- ground black pepper
- 1Peel the squash, cut it in half, and remove the seeds and filaments that lie inside. Cut it in large cubes.
- 2Peel the onion and cut it.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, and let it brown for 3 minutes. Add the diced squash, thyme, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- 4Add the broth, and salt slightly. Cook the mixture for 25 minutes.
- 5Scoop the pieces of squash and some of the broth in a blender. Start mixing, adding the broth and the cream gradually to reach the desired texture.
- 6Mix for a long time so the soup will have a fine texture. Check the
- 7seasoning and set aside.
- 8When it is time to eat, heat 2 pans. In the
- 9first one, put the butter. When it gets hot, fry the cubes of
- 10gingerbread (be careful: they brown quickly.) Once done, put on a paper
- 11towel to remove the excess fat. When the second frying pan is hot, drop
- 12the escalopes of foie gras, add salt and pepper, sear quickly, and flip
- 13to cook on the second side. Place them on a paper towel.
- 14Pour the soup into the plates, add the foie gras slices and gingerbread cubes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.