Pumpkin Soup with Garlic and ThymeLa Cocina de Babel
If you need a hearty soup that is sweet, savory, and aromatic, then try this Pumpkin Soup with Garlic and Thyme. It will tantalize your taste buds and warm your soul. Winter doesn’t have to be cold and dreary. This soup will brighten your day. We think you and your loved ones will enjoy this aromatic and decadent soup as much as we do. Invite some friends over for a hearty hot soup.
- 2 whole garlic (heads)
- 1 kilogram pumpkin (peeled and diced, approx 3 cm)
- olive oil
- 25 grams butter
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 vegetable stock
- 100 grams greek yogurt (for garnish)
- black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the pumpkin in a single layer on the tray.
- 3Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and black pepper.
- 4Place the garlic heads on a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with oil and season.
- 5Wrap the garlic in the foil and place on the baking tray with the pumpkin.
- 6Cook for 45 minutes, taking care that the pumpkin does not burn.
- 7In a heavy pan, melt the butter and gently fry the onion until soft.
- 8Add the flour and stir until smooth and without lumps.
- 9Pour in the stock, a little at a time, stirring continuously.
- 10Add the pumpkin, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 11Peel the garlic heads and extract the pulp inside. Set aside.
- 12Remove the soup from the heat and add a tbsp of fresh thyme and the roasted garlic cloves.
- 13Blend until smooth and creamy.
- 14Serve with a teaspoon of greek yogurt and a few thyme leaves for garnish.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.