If you need a hearty soup that is sweet, savory, and aromatic, then try this Pumpkin Soup with Garlic and Thyme. It will tantalize your taste buds and warm your soul. Winter doesn’t have to be cold and dreary. This soup will brighten your day. We think you and your loved ones will enjoy this aromatic and decadent soup as much as we do. Invite some friends over for a hearty hot soup.
- 2 whole garlic (heads)
- 1 kilogram pumpkin (peeled and diced, approx 3 cm)
- olive oil
- 25 grams butter
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 vegetable stock
- 100 grams greek yogurt (for garnish)
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the pumpkin in a single layer on the tray.
- Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the garlic heads on a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with oil and season.
- Wrap the garlic in the foil and place on the baking tray with the pumpkin.
- Cook for 45 minutes, taking care that the pumpkin does not burn.
- In a heavy pan, melt the butter and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth and without lumps.
- Pour in the stock, a little at a time, stirring continuously.
- Add the pumpkin, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel the garlic heads and extract the pulp inside. Set aside.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add a tbsp of fresh thyme and the roasted garlic cloves.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with a teaspoon of greek yogurt and a few thyme leaves for garnish.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.