- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning (Plimoth Plantation)
- 1 sugar pumpkin (medium)
- 1/2 cup yellow split peas
- 1/2 cup soy cream
- fresh flat leaf parsley (Chopped, to garnish)
- In a covered saucepan, heat the stock, pumpkin puree, onion, garlic, yellow split peas and Plimoth Plantation Seasoning to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Measure out cream and allow it to come to room temperature while your soup is simmering.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut the top off the sugar pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes; set aside in a warm spot.
- Carve out about 2 cups of the pumpkin meat and mash with a potato masher and add it to the simmering soup.
- If you want the texture of your soup to be silken use an immersion blender in the pot for a final puree.
- Stir in cream and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Place the warmed sugar pumpkin on a platter; ladle the soup in.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.