Pumpkin Seeds BunsON DINE CHEZ NANOU
Roasted pumpkin seeds are a staple flavor of the Autumn season. Similar to scones, these buns are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The buttery, flaky, cottony dough used is revigorated by the saltiness of the seeds. Roasting the seeds prior to incorporating them into your dough mixture, allows for a bolder pumpkin flavor in the end. Serve these buns by themselves, as a snack, or bring them together with thinly sliced turkey and swiss cheese for a filling Fall-filled sandwich.
- Place the yeast in the bowl of a food processor and ilute it with warm water. Stir and add the yougurt. Add the salt, the honey, 1/2 deciliter of olive oil, the pumpkin seeds and both flours.
- Start up the robot using the kneading paddle at low speed for 2 minutes. Then increase the power for 8 minutes to get a nice smooth paste. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the dough and let it rise for an hour. Cover the food processor bowl with a towel and place it in a draft-free place.
- When the dough is well risen, cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for about 10 hours or overnight.
- On the next day, remove the dough from the refrigerator and place it on your countertop. Gently press the dough with the palm of your hand to flatten it a bit and cut it into 12 small dough rolls. Let them rise again for about 1 hour far from drafts and covered with a moisted cloth.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius. Bake the bread for about 20 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories340Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.