Thanksgiving is coming and that means it is time for pumpkin pie! The timeless classic is a traditional favorite around the Thanksgiving holiday. Try this recipe for Pumpkin Pie for a tasty treat you cannot get enough of. This recipe provides instructions for making your own pie crust as well as for making your own pumpkin puree, allowing you to find a use for that pumpkin you picked up at the pumpkin patch. Made with whole wheat flour, this crust is hearty while simultaneously boasting a lovely flake to enfold the pumpkin puree filling.
- 300 grams wheat flour
- 100 grams margarine (pastry)
- 70 milliliters water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 80 grams margarine
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams flour
- 800 grams pumpkin
- 300 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cinnamon (to taste)
- powdered sugar (to taste)
- 1Pie Crust Preparation:
- 2Put the flour, margarine, water, salt, sugar, and poppy seed in a food processor, and pulse until the dough forms a ball.
- 3On a floured surface, roll out the dough, and cut out a piece of dough the size of the pie pan. Line the pie pan with butter or parchment paper, add the dough, and use your fingers to press the dough to the pan. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- 4Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 5Filling Preparation:
- 6Break the pumpkin into small pieces, and steam in a double boiler. When the pumpkin is soft, drain the water, and put the pumpkin in a food processor or electric mixer.
- 7Add the sugar, and mix until the pumpkin is completely blended.
- 8Add the butter, and mix some more.
- 9Whisk the eggs, and add to the pumpkin mixture.
- 10Sift the flour.
- 11Turn on the processor, and gradually add the flour, and then the baking powder.
- 12Pour the filling in the pie crust, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the enter of the pie comes out clean.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1220Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.