- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacoa Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli® Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized pan, heat the butter and sugar until just hot.
- Remove from heat then add ½ cup of the chocolate chips and stir until it has all melted.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then beat your eggs into the mixture in the pan one at a time
- Add the flour and cocoa and beat well together.
- Stir in the rest of the chocolate chips and ½ of the pecans. Pour the brownie mix into your lined baking tray.
- For the pumpkin mixture, beat the last five ingredients together well in a bowl using a hand whisk or wooden spoon, then pour over the top of the brownies. Roughly swirl / fold the pumpkin into the brownie mix.
- Roughly chop the remaining pecans and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. It will be ready when a crust has formed on the top.
- Leave to cool, then transfer to a wire rack, cut into cubes and enjoy.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
hillary j. 10 Nov 2015
I think the pumpkin is missing from the ingredients list. How much should I use? What kind of pumpkin should I use? I find it odd that there is no call for salt of vanilla extract, but I'm only adding that because there is a 100 character minimum for reviews.