- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or sesame oil)
- 1 sweet onion (small, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup salted cashews (toasted, optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
|Calories680Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mongo 5 Jan
Very tasty! Added extra red curry paste and cauliflower. Also used green lentils instead of red lentils and chunks of pumpkin instead of the tinned variety - for a bit more texture. Will definitely make again!
Zachary H. 21 Nov 2018
Delicious! Also added a dash of lime juice.
Tina B. 22 Oct 2018
This is a delicious, easy recipe that I enjoyed making as much as eating. I followed everything without any issues, I did add crumbled cooked bacon pieces to the soup with the cilantro when done, and it was amazing! Recommend a good side salad to make it a wholesome meal.
Ellery 16 Oct 2018
added a red pepper, cauliflower, cilantro, lime. yummmm
Robert Mulholland 10 Oct 2018
Good recipe. Added mushrooms and two vegetarian sausages.
Victoria Walsh 9 Oct 2018
Was absolutely amazing and turned out half way between a dahl and a chowder consistency which my partner and i LOVED. We added some carrot , beans and corn so it had some crunch. This recipe also goes well with a tiny hint of Thyme and Mixed spice. I think it is my new favourite recipe on Yummly.