- 300 grams pumpkin (diced)
- 2 potatoes
- 200 grams wheat flour (T55 unleavened)
- 1 egg
- salt (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 40 grams fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 grams pine nuts (crushed, + 2 tablespoons)
- 1 deciliter olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 grams Azores island cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, place the pumpkin cubes over it and bake for about 20 minutes (until tender).
- Bake the potatoes with the skin and peel them after slightly cooled.
- Pass the pumpkin cubes and the boiled potatoes through a food mill and into a bowl.
- Mix the flour, egg, salt to taste, nutmeg and pepper, kneading well.
- On a floured board, form small rolls of dough (if necessary add a little more flour to the dough) and cut them into pieces of about 2 cm in length.
- You can mark the gnocchi with a fork so that they can have stripes.
- For the pesto, chop the coriander leaves with the garlic, pine nuts (reserving 2 tablespoons), olive oil, salt and cheese, using a food processor.
- Place in a pot with salted water on the heat and let boil, gradually adding the gnocchi, and leaving to cook.
- When they come to the surface, remove with a skimmer into a bowl.
- Keep the cooking water.
- Toast the two tablespoons of pine nuts in a frying pan and reserve.
- Dilute the pesto with a little of the cooking water (1 or 2 tablespoons) and cook the Gnocchis in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
- Serve immediately with more grated cheese at your taste.