This seasonal dessert is perfect during the autumn and winter seasons. Pumpkin blossoms during these seasons and is at it's ripest peak. Tr our Pumpkin Flan recipe to get a element of what this season can taste like. Let us know about your experience baking this Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe in the comments below. You can also give a star rating for this Pumpkin Flan recipe as well. Happy Baking!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can low fat evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Place the sugar in a pan to make the caramel sauce, waiting to stir it until it starts to darken in color and melt. Stir until completely melted and of a caramel color. Place into the flan mold, spreading over as much of its surface as possible.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar together with a hand mixer or immersion blender. Add the ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Mix well before adding the pumpkin puree and evaporated milk.
- Strain the mixture and pour into the flan mold.
- Bake at 180 C in a water bath for approximately one and a half hours. Test for firmness to ensure that it is done. Turn off the oven heat but leave the flan inside for another two hours, until nearly completely cooled.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool at room temperature for another hour before refrigerating for twelve hours.
- Remove from mold and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories170Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.