Topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting, these pumpkin cupcakes are filled with the flavors of fall. Made with grated pumpkin, as opposed to pumpkin puree, these cupcakes are reminiscent to carrot cake. Raisins, orange zest, and cinnamon add warmth and luxurious flavor to these pumpkin cupcakes. Bake time is 20 to 25 minutes. Put into the refrigerator after baking and icing to encourage the release of all the flavors.
- 175 milliliters sunflower oil
- 175 grams muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams pumpkin (grated)
- 100 grams raisins (optional)
- 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 85 grams icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a bowl, add the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, and beat all the ingredients together.
- Add the pumpkin, raisins, and grated orange peel, and mix again.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and cinnamon and add to the mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into the paper liners and fill them 2/3 full.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the icing: beat the cream cheese with the sugar.
- Spread the icing over the cupcakes and sprinkle with nuts.
- Leave to rest in the refrigerator until the flavors infuse.
- Serve at room temperature.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1250Calories from Fat650|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat650|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.