Halloween is a holiday favorite for many children. They get to dress up as their favorite heroes, and dive into treats with pleasure. This recipe for Pumpkin Cupcakes is perfect for a Halloween party. They take 65 minutes to prepare, so make sure yo…
have time to design the frosting on top. Ingredients include butter, sugar, eggs, molasses, honey, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, flour, vanilla, buttermilk, pumpkin puree, confectioners sugar, milk, extract, food coloring, and candies for garnish.
- 455 grams butter (softened and at room temperature)
- 370 grams sugar (mascabado, may substitute dark brown sugar)
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 910 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (may add 2 tbsps. lemon juice to 1 1/2 cups milk and set aside for 15 minutes before using)
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- cooking spray
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- food coloring (optional)
- candies (Green gummy, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius.
- Cream the butter and mascabado sugar together. Add the eggs, molasses, and honey and mix well.
- Sift the salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Mix the vanilla with the buttermilk and pumpkin in a separate bowl.
- Add the pumpkin mixture and the dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three sections, alternating. Slowly mix to incorporate.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and fill each tin 3/4 of the way to the top. Bake for 35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before decorating.
- Sift the confectioners sugar and mix with the butter, milk, and extract. Add food coloring if desired. Top cupcakes with frosting. The green gummy candies may be cut and used as pumpkin stems.
|Calories370Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.