Coffee, cake, and breakfast. Add to that some Autumn, nutty, pumpkin flavor and its pure excellence. Aromatic coffee fills the air as well as prevents moisture from escaping the cake. Lacking in yeast stops the cake from rising and forces its flavors to compact. Ginger spice also elevates the bitter tones of the coffee. It’s robust, nutty flavors and dense consistently are naturally paired. Make in advance and store it for later without
- 280 grams flour
- 210 grams brown sugar
- 85 grams butter (cold diced, plus 115 grams softened butter)
- 100 grams pecans (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 140 grams butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 108 grams sour cream (30 % fat content)
- 40 grams dried cranberries
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the streusel by pouring 60 grams of flour, 80 grams of brown sugar, 85 grams of cold, diced butter, crushed pecans, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl. Mix with your fingertips.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- For the squash puree, wash the butternut squash, cut it into thick slices, and remove the seeds. Place the slices in an ovenproof plate. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil (no salt nor sugar) and bake at 200 C for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until very tender. Purée and keep in a jar in a cool place.
- In a large bowl, mix 220 grams of flour, baking powder, baking soda, a pinch of salt, and spices.
- In another bowl, mix 115 grams of softened butter and 130 grams of brown sugar until well blended and smooth. Add to the mixture of dry ingredients and stir.
- Add the eggs gradually, then the squash puree, the cream, and the cranberries. You should obtain a smooth batter.
- Pour into a 26 centimeter diameter baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Remove the streusel from the refrigerator. Mix it quickly to slightly reduce the size of the pecans.
- Spread the streusel on the top of the cake, pressing lightly.
- Bake for 50 minutes, checking the doneness with the blade of a knife.
- Let it cool down and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.