Pumpkin Cocoa Swirl CakeAnanás e Hortelã
Pumpkin and chocolate makes a wonderful pairing for brownies, cheesecakes, and other fall desserts, including this lovely cake, which starts with one batter and then a third is removed and cocoa powder is added for contrasting taste and color. To make the swirly pattern, you simply alternative spoonfuls of the pumpkin and chocolate batters in the cake pan and then run a skewer or knife through the whole thing as desired. The
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (roasted)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Grease cake pan.
- 3In a bowl, place pumpkin puree, melted oil, sugar, and eggs and mix well. Gradually add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, 1 pinch of nutmeg and 1 pinch of cloves, mixing well.
- 4Remove 1/3 of batter and place in a separate bowl and add cocoa and water and mix well.
- 5Pour plain batter and cocoa batter into greased cake pan, alternating layers to create swirl affect.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- 7Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.