We are obsessed with this Pumpkin Cappellacci recipe. Try this recipe out for a BBQ with friends and family. Or this can by a great recipe to cook for the kids lunchboxes. Let us know how you liked our Pumpkin Cappellacci recipe in the comments belo…
. You can also give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along. Happy Cooking! We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
- 3 eggs
- 400 grams flour
- 1 kilogram pumpkin (pulp)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ground nutmeg
- 2 sage leaves
- 100 grams butter
- To obtain the pumpkin pulp, place the pumpkin, with its skin but with the seeds removed, wrapped in aluminum foil, in a very hot oven.
- Bake the pumpkin for 20 minutes, then remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the sheets of dough, by placing the flour on a work surface and making a well in the center.
- Place the eggs in the well and begin incorporating them by kneading for approximately 15 minutes without adding water or salt.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin (you may also use a pasta machine), it should not be too thin. Keep in mind that the dough should be elastic, and that is done by kneading it thoroughly.
- Once the sheets of dough are ready, let them rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling by removing the skin from the cooled pumpkin and mashing the pumpkin pulp to a coarse consistency.
- Add the eggs, a pinch of nutmeg, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the mashed pumpkin. The filling should be quite thick. If necessary, add more breadcrumbs and cheese until it is of the right consistency.
- Next, cut the sheets of dough into squares 5 or 6 centimeters long and place a tablespoon of filling in the center of each square.
- Close each square by folding one corner to the opposite corner making a triangle, then bring together the two ends into a ring and seal them closed.
- Boil the cappellacci in a stockpot full of boiling salted water and complete with a ragu.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
|Calories740Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.