This dish is a great one to enjoy towards the end of summer when tomatoes are still super fresh but you start seeing pumpkin at your market. The combination of sweet pumpkin, fresh tomatoes, and salty feta ensure you get a deliciously balanced bite every time. Try this for breakfast, brunch, or pair it with a salad for a filling and healthy lunch. You can use whichever herb you like or do a combination for a truly unique frittata.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1 clove
- 1 slice pumpkin butter (in cubes)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 piece feta cheese (cubed)
- 1 bunch fresh herbs (chopped, parsley, chives, thyme)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a frying pan without a plastic handle, and add the oil, shallots, and clove. Let stew on low heat for about 4 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
- Add small pieces of pumpkin and cook, over low heat, for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the clove.
- Whisk the eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper, and pour them into the skillet.
- Spread the cherry tomatoes and cheese on top. Shake the skillet in circular motions to stabilize the eggs at the bottom.
- Garnish with chopped aromatic herbs.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven until the eggs are cooked.
- Serve hot or cold.