Pumpkin Bread French Toast with Cottage Cheese and SyrupKooking
This bread is perfect to make in the fall when pumpkins are abundant but you want something besides a pumpkin spice latte. After the pumpkin bread is baked, it is sliced and then dipped in a sweet and spiced egg mixture. The bread is then cooked on a griddle for a moist and hearty french toast. A little bit of cottage cheese and a drizzle maple syrup finish this dish off perfectly.
- 150 grams pumpkin purée
- 300 grams flour
- 1 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 120 grams sugar
- 30 grams milk
- 40 grams butter
- 15 grams fresh yeast
- 1 eggs
- 30 grams brown sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 250 milliliters milk
- cottage cheese
- 1For the pumpkin bread, in a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, flour, egg, sugar, salt, milk and crumbled yeast.
- 2Cut butter in small pieces.
- 3When butter reaches room temperature, stir in butter in small pieces and continue to knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 4Shape into a ball and place in greased bowl.
- 5Cover and let rise until doubled in volume, for about one hour.
- 6Punch dough down, then divide dough and form small balls.
- 7Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a greased mold.
- 8Let rise for about one hour.
- 9Bake in preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 40 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- 11For the French toast, mix egg, brown sugar and cinnamon in a shallow container.
- 12Add milk and mix well. Heat butter in a griddle.
- 13Soak bread slices in the egg and milk mixture and cook on preheated griddle on both sides until golden brown.
- 14Serve hot or cold with cottage cheese and syrup.