Pumpkin And Hazelnut CheesecakeOn dine chez Nanou
How do you make cheesecake taste better than it already is? Is it possible to make a delicious cheesecake that is savory and not a sweet dessert? Try this Pumpkin and Hazelnut Cheesecake which takes 65 minutes to prepare and combines savory spices and herbs with salty nuts and decadent cream cheese. This is a cheesecake that is best cut in squares as a hearty snack. Everyone will love this twist on a sweet sensation.
- 300 grams squash (peeled red kuri)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 centimeter fresh ginger
- 100 grams hazelnuts
- 100 grams snack crackers (such as Ritz)
- 70 grams butter (soft)
- 2 sheets gelatin
- 100 grams heavy cream
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 1Cut the pumpkin into small cubes and brown them with olive oil in a pan over low heat. Season with salt and pepper, add the garlic, the ginger, and the thyme. Cook for about 20 minutes, until you get a chunky sauce.
- 2Roast the hazelnuts in a hot pan without fat for a few minutes. Let them cool before crushing them coarsely.
- 3Mix crackers finely, add the softened butter, and mix again to obtain a homogeneous paste. Stir in 40 grams of hazelnuts. Line the bottom of a pan with parchment paper. Spread the dough and flatten it with the back of a spoon. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- 4Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- 5Heat the heavy cream. Turn off the heat once it boils. Wring the gelatin sheets and add to the cream. Stir until dissolved.
- 6Mix together stewed pumpkin, cream, and cream cheese.
- 7Add salt and pepper.
- 8Pour this mixture over the shortbread shell.
- 9Refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- 10Cut it into small cubes and place crushed hazelnuts on top.