Gratin dishes are decadent, creamy and dreamy. This recipe for Pumpkin Gratin with Coral Lentil Puree with Saffron is packed with hearty and healthy ingredients. The sweet pumpkin pairs perfectly with the palate pleasing lentils and Gruyere cheese. If you have been searching for the most mouthwatering side dish for your family dinner this weekend, then this is the one for you. We hope you love it as much as we do.
- 1 pumpkin (small)
- 1 cup lentils (coral)
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 gruyere cheese (grated)
- Wash the pumpkin with water.
- Cook in boiling water until a you can insert a knife in the hull easily, about 45 minutes.
- Cool the pumpkin, then cut off the top and remove the seeds.
- While the pumkin cools, prepare the mashed lentils.
- In a saucepan, add lentils and water.
- Bring the lentils to a boil, cover the pan, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and saffron, then mix.
- Add 50 grams of grated cheese.
- Mix well and pour the puree into the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
- Broil in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is gratined.