2011 Pork Crock-Star winner for Pulled and Barbeque Pork Dish by Margaret Jane Brancher
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- Cut pork into four pieces. Place in crock pot and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin, and cinnamon. Stir well and add water, vinegar, onion, and garlic. Cover and cook on high setting for two hours. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until tender and falling apart, about six hours.
- One hour before serving, drain pork lightly and place back into crock pot. Remove any large pieces of fat and break pork apart with tongs or a fork. Stir in remaining ingredients. Allow to cook for remaining hour to incorporate all the flavors. Stir well before serving on your favorite bread or rolls.