Pulled Pork Sliders with Hass Avocado and Caramelized OnionPORK
This recipe is convenient for entertaining as most of the preparation can be done up to 5 days in advance. It is recommended that the Pulled Pork be prepared at least 1 day in advance.
- 1 lb. boneless pork shoulder (well trimmed of visible fat)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 1/3 cups apple juice
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp. chipotle chile in adobo sauce (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (thinly sliced into rings)
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 16 oz. Hass avocado (2 ripe, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 16 dinner rolls (small, sliced in half)
- 16 slices gouda cheese (thin sliced, cut to fit rolls)
- Up to 5 days before serving, combine paprika, cumin, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Lightly sprinkle some of the seasoning on the pork roast. Keep pork roast covered and refrigerated until cook time.
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in a 2-quart pot with tightly covered lid over medium-high heat. Place pork roast in pan. Cook pork roast for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Turn and cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until browned; remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, stir and cook until golden brown. Stir in apple juice. Return pork roast to pan. Bring liquid to a boil; then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover tightly and simmer over low or medium-low heat for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. The meat should be very tender. Remove pork roast from pan and let rest for 5-10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Pour pan juices into a bowl; cover and refrigerate. Shred pork roast, removing small amounts of fat as needed; cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories600Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes