This hearty scramble can be doubled if you’re cooking for a crowd (use two skillets) or halved for fewer servings (use a medium skillet). To give it an Italian spin, use mozzarella cheese and top it with chopped fresh basil. For a Latin spin, use Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese and serve hot sauce and tortillas on the side.
- 6 ounces pulled pork
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper (small, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (small, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 onions (small, cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (OR Monterey Jack, or mozzarella, shredded, divided)
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the pork and stir occasionally until hot, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate or bowl, cover loosely to keep warm, and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add the bell peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes. Stir in about half of the pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are set, about 1 minute.
- Scatter the cheese and the remaining pork on top and serve.