To vary the recipe, enjoy it with a nectarine, plums, or apricots instead of the peach. If those fruits aren’t in season, try apples, mangoes, or berries. You can also use spinach or arugula instead of the mixed greens. And to make preparation even easier, instead of making the dressing, use your favorite bottled Asian-style or Chinese chicken salad dressing.
- 8 ounces cooked pulled pork (*warm or room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil (or other neutral-flavored oil)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (light)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 ounces mixed salad greens (10 cups lightly packed)
- 1 peach (large, pitted and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons almonds (sliced and toasted)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, brown sugar, ginger, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, peach, onion, and cilantro. Add some of the dressing and toss. Arrange the salad on a platter or plates and top with the pork. Drizzle some of the remaining dressing over the pork, top with the almonds, and serve.