Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees F and arrange a baking sheet in the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and very tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a plate or bowl and set aside. Carefully wipe out the skillet and set aside.
- Lightly spread the butter, if using, on one side of each tortilla. Lay the tortillas, buttered side down, on a work surface. Arrange 1/2 cup of cheese on half of each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border at the edge. Arrange the bell peppers and pork on top, then fold the tortillas in half over the fillings.
- Rewarm the skillet over medium heat. Add 2 of the quesadillas and cook, covered, until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 4 minutes. Carefully turn and cook, uncovered, until golden brown on the other bottom half and the cheese has melted, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer the finished quesadillas to the baking sheet in the oven. Carefully wipe out the skillet and repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 to 6 wedges. Serve with salsa, if using.