- 1/2 pound cooked pulled pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cored and cut into strips)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (cored and cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon butter (unsalted at room temperature, optional)
- 4 flour tortillas (9- or 10-inch)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese (OR Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend, shredded)
- salsa (For serving, optional)
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees F and arrange a baking sheet in the oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and very tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a plate or bowl and set aside. Carefully wipe out the skillet and set aside.
- Lightly spread the butter, if using, on one side of each tortilla. Lay the tortillas, buttered side down, on a work surface. Arrange 1/2 cup of cheese on half of each tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border at the edge. Arrange the bell peppers and pork on top, then fold the tortillas in half over the fillings.
- Rewarm the skillet over medium heat. Add 2 of the quesadillas and cook, covered, until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 4 minutes. Carefully turn and cook, uncovered, until golden brown on the other bottom half and the cheese has melted, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer the finished quesadillas to the baking sheet in the oven. Carefully wipe out the skillet and repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 to 6 wedges. Serve with salsa, if using.
Jillian L a year ago
Good flavor. I always struggle with getting the two sides to stick and not fall apart. Especially when your trying to dip it into the salsa